- Bring Snacks: Snacks that not messy are great for keeping little kids, and big kids too, motivated for their session. Who isn’t motivated by food?!? Puffs, little marshmallows, smarties (I always have these in my bag) are all great examples of “clean” snacks to bring.
- Bring PJs for little ones: The best lighting is 1.5 hours before sunset, so our sessions are always finishing at bedtime or little after bedtime. Sometimes its helpful to bring some PJS your little one can change into for the ride home and you can easily transfer into beds once you get home.
- Late Nap: If you know your session is going to be a little later than your little one is use to, I would try to do something active and fun that morning put your little one down later that afternoon. This also gives you sometime to get ready while your little one sleeps.
- Favorite Song: If your little one has a favorite song, bring it to the session on your phone. Sometimes the “Wheels on the bus” or “ABCs” can cause your little one to light up and give the best smiles along with some fun dance moves!
- Change at the Session: Dress your little ones as soon as they arrive. This makes the drive and getting ready a little less stressful. Just make sure they’ve tried on the clothes prior to the session.
Those are just a few tips for making your family session easier! If you have some you would like to add, please share!
In light of this article, I thought it would be fun to share a family session from this past year! <3 Here are a few of my favorites!!
A proud member of the National Association of Professional Child Photographers
Jessica Lee Photography is a Boulder & Denver Photographer who specializes in maternity, newborn, baby, and family photography in Boulder & Denver Colorado and surrounding areas including Erie, Broomfield, Lafayette, Longmont, Superior, Louisville, Frederick, and Firestone.
If you are you interested in a custom portrait session with Jessica Lee Photography and would like more information, please click here for details about sessions.
Due to the custom nature of my sessions, I limit the number of clients I photograph each month.
I would be honored to partner with you in creating photographs that your family will cherish for many years to come.