My goal as your newborn photographer is to capture the the connection between family members and this new little addition. I love to capture your little one just as they are in all their newness. If this is your first time scheduling a newborn session for your little, here are five things to expect from a session with me.
- We always schedule the session between 7-14 days. That give mom a little time to adjust to being at home and figure out feeding and all the new things that come along with bringing home a new baby. It also is early enough that we capture those sweet sleepy photos.
- Prior to your session, you will have filled out a Newborn Style Profile – so I know exactly what wraps and headbands to choose for your session. I will have them all ready to go for when you arrive. We discuss wardrobe options and you are always welcome to choose a dress from my studio wardrobe.
- The day of the session we meet in my cozy home studio in Erie. We start with all the family photos first. We get photos of the whole family, just the siblings, mom with baby, dad with baby and mom and dad together baby. I swaddle the baby so he/she is nice cozy. My studio is set to a warm temperature to help the baby sleep for the session.
- After the family photos are complete, I do 2 basket poses. Depending on your desired colors for the session, I will have 2 different sets ups. This allows me to get all the detail shots of the toes, fingers, lips, and face.
- Next, we move to the beanbag poses. We choose a neutral cream, tan, or grey backdrop and I put baby in different relaxed and cozy positions with different wraps and headbands (for girls) We get a lot of variety in poses and that parents always love.
My goal is to capture natural, organic, and timeless photos that will be treasured by your family for many years to come! Here is are some of my favorites from a recent studio newborn session.
Follow me on Pinterest Follow me on Google + Follow me on Instagram
A proud member of the National Association of Professional Child Photographers
Jessica Lee Photography is a Boulder & Denver Family Photographer who specializes in maternity, newborn, baby, and family photography in Boulder & Denver Colorado and surrounding areas including Erie, Broomfield, Lafayette, Longmont, Superior, Louisville, and Frederick.
If you are you interested in a custom portrait session with Jessica Lee Photography and would like more information, please click here for details about sessions.
Contact me to reserve a date on my calendar.
I would be honored to partner with you in creating photographs that your family will cherish for many years to come.